COVID-19 Guest policy and screening process
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health of our patients and employees, Houston Perinatal Associates no longer allows guests to accompany patients into our practice for their appointments. In addition, our practice has implemented a new screening process to minimize risk to patients and employees. We ask that all patients arrive early for their appointments to accommodate this screening process.
Thank you for your understanding, as the safety of our patients and employees is our utmost priority. Together we can stop the spread of coronavirus. Learn how to protect yourself and others at the CDC COVID-19 resource webpage.
Our mission is to provide superior quality healthcare services, and we look forward to continuing to provide our patients with excellent care.
Please call the office you are scheduled to be seen at with any questions or concerns:
Houston Perinatal Associates: 713-791-9700
As a reminder during this period of reduced mobility throughout the community, Houston Perinatal Associates provides comprehensive care for our patients at several convenient practice locations conveniently located throughout the greater Houston area. Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health of our patients and employees, Houston Perinatal Associates no longer allows guests to accompany patients into our practice for their appointments. Our practice has also implemented a new screening process to minimize risk to patients and ensure their well-being during their appointment.
In addition, our practice has compiled a body of helpful resources and guidelines from trusted sources for our OB/GYN community during the COVID-19 healthcare crisis. We hope that providing the quick references below will assist you in navigating the rapidly changing environment surrounding the COVID-19 crisis and how it relates to pregnancy.
Our physicians are available to speak with you 24/7 to answer any questions you may have, from routine issues to those involving your most complicated patients. As always, our primary objective is to provide superior quality healthcare services to your patients, and we look forward to continuing to provide your patients with excellent care. Our practice will continue to provide relevant COVID-19 updates and guidelines as they become available.
ACOG, AJOG, and SMFM resources
- ACOG Practice Advisory: Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- ACOG and SMFM Algorithm: Outpatient Assessment and Management for Pregnant Women with Suspected or Confirmed Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- AJOG MFM – Coronavirus Guidance
- SMFM Resources: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- SMFM Webinar: COVID-19 Preparedness for OB/MFM
- SMFM ICD-10 coding tips for COVID-19 in pregnancy
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Pregnancy
- CDC: Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) Calls/Webinars
- Kaiser Family Foundation: COVID-19 Special Considerations for Pregnant Women
- Johns Hopkins University: Coronavirus Global Tracker
- UpToDate: COVID-19
- MotherToBaby podcast on COVID-19 in pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Society of Critical Care Resources: Emergency Resources COVID-19
PubMed articles: COVID-19 and pregnancy:
During the COVID-19 crisis, our patients and their families remain our priority. To ensure access to care while minimizing potential COVID-19 exposure, we’re working closely with internal experts, hospital partners, and health care authorities at the national, state, and county levels to implement and adapt care protocols in real-time.
Despite this global pandemic, we are focused on the future; we’re working collaboratively across the continuum of care to understand better ─ and reduce ─ the impact of COVID-19 on the patients we serve.
Our practice has compiled a body of helpful resources and guidelines from trusted sources for our patients during the COVID-19 healthcare crisis. We hope that providing the quick references below will assist you in navigating the rapidly changing environment surrounding the COVID-19 crisis and how it relates to pregnancy. Our mission is to provide superior quality healthcare services, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent care.
COVID-19 and pregnancy patient resources:
Our mission is to bring specialized treatment to patients with maternal-fetal complications by offering a complete range of inpatient and outpatient obstetrical services. Our group provides world class care with a very diverse group of physicians, allowing us to treat the most complicated of cases. From being the first practice to deliver octuplets in the United States to delivering the first set of identical quintuplets, we excel at managing multiple gestation cases, pre-term labor, early opening of the cervix, deliveries, high-risk ultrasounds, hypertension, diabetes and heart or kidney disease.
Houston Perinatal Associates is well recognized throughout the country because of our contribution to maternal-fetal medicine and the important deliveries we have done over the past few years. Examples include:
- Dr. Kirshon delivered the first set of octuplets born in the United States.
- Dr. Reiter recently delivered the only set of quintuplets that were all identical girls. He is also known for his ability to do embryo reductions as well as prenatal diagnoses via chronic villus sampling (CVS). He has performed thousands of CVS procedures over the last 25 years.
- Dr. Adam is known for her ability to take care critically ill patients and cardiac patients.
- Dr. Hare specializes in diabetes care, hypertensive and morbidly obese patients.
Houston Perinatal Associates’ flagship clinic is located at the Woman’s Hospital of Texas. Through our partnership with the hospital, we are able to provide our patients with a dedicated transport team for mothers in need. Woman’s Hospital of Texas has a helicopter and dedicated ambulance allowing them to travel over 100 miles. This level of service helps us provide our patients with safer deliveries and more successful outcomes.
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of patients. Learn about their training, certifications, and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory