COVID-19 UpdateNorthside Women’s Specialists have continued to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. As usual, our goal is to take great care of all our patients.
With Governor Kemp’s announcement to gradually reopen Georgia businesses, NWS is offering Routine Gynecologic in our offices beginning May 1st.
However, keeping social distancing and Covid19 in mind the providers want our patients to know we are here for them in all capacities.
- Telemedicine for many women’s health concerns:
- Contraceptive management/counseling
- Menopausal health/hormone replacement management
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecologic health concerns (irregular periods and PMS)
- Please call our office and we will be happy to set up your Telemedicine visit.
- We continue to see all Obstetric Patients in the office including confirmation of pregnancy.
- Midwife visits will continue to be limited in the office, however a midwife will be available in the hospital the majority of days.
- Gynecologic surgeries deemed elective are still on hold until Northside Hospital policies change.
- As always, the providers and staff are readily available by phone to answer questions, review test results, and discuss what type of appointment would be appropriate to schedule.
- We continue to ask anyone with a fever over 100.4°, flu-like symptoms, GI symptoms, shortness of breath or potentially been exposed to Covid-19 infected person(s) stay home and contact the office by phone.
- To limit exposure to other patients and our staff, we are asking that only patients come into our office to be seen. Family and visitors may wait in the lobby on the 1st floor.
- As a final precaution, our staff are screening patients before they enter our office.
- Our staff continues to sanitize our waiting room and exam rooms regularly throughout the day, as well as wear masks.
During this unprecedented time, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of all of our patients. We will continue to keep our community informed as policies change.
-The NWS Team
Northside Women’s Specialists has provided care to the women of Atlanta and Alpharetta since 1979. With more than 150 years of combined experience, our clinical teams provide comprehensive OB/GYN services for women and a coordinated team approach for the management of routine and high-risk pregnancies. As one of the only practices in the area with midwifery, obstetrics, specialized gynecology, and maternal-fetal medicine under one roof, you can trust Northside Women’s Specialists to provide the best care possible.
Monday * Virtual Meeting April 20th @ 12:00pm
Wednesday * Virtual Meeting May 27th @ 12:00pm
Wednesday July 15th 2020 @ 6:30pm
Wednesday * Virtual Meeting October 14th, 2020 @ 12:00pm Register now
Through a partnership with Supporting Her, we are pleased to offer a convenient, online childbirth class geared toward the partners and spouses of expecting mothers. The course is delivered in a variety of modules (totaling 2 hours) that you can view at your convenience. You have 24/7 access for a full 10 months to information that will help your other half prepare for their critical role during labor, including how to deal with the unexpected, give encouragement and communicate with the health care team.Learn more or register online
Our OBGYNs and Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) work in a collaborative environment to provide optimal patient care. Most women are familiar with the role of the OB/GYN, but may not know the value that a CNM brings. CNMs are uniquely positioned to provide emotional support and health education for the patient and her family. Licensed and certified by the American College of Nurse Midwives, CNMs provide a full scope of care including labor support during delivery. Patient satisfaction with midwifery care is high, largely because CNMs provide attentive individualized care focused on patient education.
Compassionate Patient Care
Midwife Alexis Dunn acted quickly when Erin Biehler went into cardiac arrest during labor from an amniotic fluid embolism, ultimately helping to safely deliver baby Kennedy.
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of patients. Learn about their training, certifications, and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory