Northside Women’s Specialists have been closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. As usual, our goal is to take great care of all our patients. In that effort, we have implemented some changes and are prioritizing office visits for patients who urgently need to be seen.
- We ask anyone with a fever over 100.4°, flu-like symptoms, GI symptoms, shortness of breath or potentially been exposed to Covid-19 infected person(s) stay home and contact the office by phone.
- To limit exposure to other patients and our staff, we are asking that only patients come into our office to be seen. Family and visitors may wait in the lobby on the 1st floor.
- As a final precaution, our staff will be screening patients before they enter our office.
- Our staff will be sanitizing our waiting room and exam rooms regularly throughout the day.
- In an effort to decrease non-urgent visits and traffic in our office, we are now offering Telehealth Visits through VSee Clinic for non-urgent gynecologic problems and well woman exams.
- Per recommendations from Northside Hospital, we are canceling any gynecologic surgeries deemed elective. Unfortunately, there is still much uncertainty about when these will be rescheduled.
- For our low-risk Obstetric patients, we are considering ACOG’s guidelines for abbreviating the number of in-person visits with virtual visits added.
- As always, the providers and staff are readily available by phone to answer questions, assess problems, prescribe medications or schedule an appointment if necessary. In some circumstances, we will be reaching out to you.
During this unprecedented time, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of all of our patients. We will continue to keep our community informed as policies change.
-The NWS Team
Northside Women’s Specialists has provided care to the women of Atlanta and Alpharetta since 1979. With more than 150 years of combined experience, our clinical teams provide comprehensive OB/GYN services for women and a coordinated team approach for the management of routine and high-risk pregnancies. As one of the only practices in the area with midwifery, obstetrics, specialized gynecology, and maternal-fetal medicine under one roof, you can trust Northside Women’s Specialists to provide the best care possible.
Monday * Virtual Meeting April 20th @ 12:00pm
Wednesday July 15th 2020 @ 6:30pm
Wednesday October 14th 2020 @ 6:30pm
Through a partnership with Supporting Her, we are pleased to offer a convenient, online childbirth class geared toward the partners and spouses of expecting mothers. The course is delivered in a variety of modules (totaling 2 hours) that you can view at your convenience. You have 24/7 access for a full 10 months to information that will help your other half prepare for their critical role during labor, including how to deal with the unexpected, give encouragement and communicate with the health care team.
Compassionate Patient Care
Midwife Alexis Dunn acted quickly when Erin Biehler went into cardiac arrest during labor from an amniotic fluid embolism, ultimately helping to safely deliver baby Kennedy.
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of patients. Learn about their training, certifications, and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory