We’re excited to now offer mobile check-in! Please look for an email/text message a few days before your appointment from Phreesia, our new check-in system. You can confirm your appointment via text message or email, and check in online prior to your visit. You can also check in on your own device when you arrive.
Ask us about getting started!
Northside Women’s Specialists have continued to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic throughout this past year. As usual, our goal is to take great care of all our patients. With a growing number of Georgians becoming vaccinated including all of our providers, NWS has updated our office visitor policy.
Keeping social distancing and Covid19 in mind the providers want our patients to know we are always here for them in all capacities.
- Telemedicine for many women’s health concerns:
- Contraceptive management/counseling
- Menopausal health/hormone replacement management
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecologic health concerns (irregular periods and PMS)
- We continue to see all Obstetric Patients in the office including confirmation of pregnancy.
- Midwife visits will continue to be limited in the office, however a midwife will be available in the hospital the majority of days.
- All Gynecologic services including surgeries are available.
- As always, the providers and staff are readily available by phone to answer questions, review test results, and discuss what type of appointment would be appropriate to schedule.
Please call our office and we will be happy to set up your Telemedicine visit.
- We continue to ask anyone with a fever over 100.4°, flu-like symptoms, GI symptoms, shortness of breath or potentially been exposed to Covid-19 infected person(s) stay home and contact the office by phone.
- Patients will be allowed to have one adult over the age of 18 accompany them to an appointment. We ask that visitors follow all the same guidelines as our patients, including wearing a mask.
- Our staff will continue screening patients and visitors on arrival to our office.
- Our staff continues to sanitize our waiting room and exam rooms regularly throughout the day, as well as wear masks.
During this unprecedented time, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of all of our patients. We will continue to keep our community informed as policies change.
-The NWS Team
Northside Women’s Specialists has provided care to the women of Atlanta and Alpharetta since 1979. With more than 150 years of combined experience, our clinical teams provide comprehensive OB/GYN services for women and a coordinated team approach for the management of routine and high-risk pregnancies. As one of the only practices in the area with midwifery, obstetrics, specialized gynecology, and maternal-fetal medicine under one roof, you can trust Northside Women’s Specialists to provide the best care possible.
Through a partnership with Supporting Her, we are pleased to offer a convenient, online childbirth class geared toward the partners and spouses of expecting mothers. The course is delivered in a variety of modules (totaling 2 hours) that you can view at your convenience. You have 24/7 access for a full 10 months to information that will help your other half prepare for their critical role during labor, including how to deal with the unexpected, give encouragement and communicate with the health care team.Learn more or register online
Our OBGYNs and Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) work in a collaborative environment to provide optimal patient care. Most women are familiar with the role of the OB/GYN, but may not know the value that a CNM brings. CNMs are uniquely positioned to provide emotional support and health education for the patient and her family. Licensed and certified by the American College of Nurse Midwives, CNMs provide a full scope of care including labor support during delivery. Patient satisfaction with midwifery care is high, largely because CNMs provide attentive individualized care focused on patient education.
Compassionate Patient Care
Midwife Alexis Dunn acted quickly when Erin Biehler went into cardiac arrest during labor from an amniotic fluid embolism, ultimately helping to safely deliver baby Kennedy.
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of patients. Learn about their training, certifications, and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory