Serving eight communities in Colorado, and Casper and Cheyenne, Wyoming, Obstetrix® Medical Group of Colorado, part of the Mednax® family, includes highly educated medical professionals specializing in women’s health care. Expectant mothers and their primary obstetricians rely on our staff in the areas of:
- Prenatal care and testing.
- Complicated and high-risk pregnancies.
- Labor and delivery.
Maternal-fetal medicine specialists
Our board-certified maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists provide prenatal care for expectant mothers with complicated or high-risk pregnancies, as well as their developing babies. In addition to a four-year obstetrics and gynecology residency, they have undergone three additional years of education and training, and their core focus is to:
- Oversee existing health problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Manage pregnancy-related maternal medical issues, such as preeclampsia.
- Conduct diagnostic tests and procedures to identify possible congenital abnormalities and genetic disorders.
- Monitor babies’ development and growth.
- Manage post-pregnancy health issues.
- Identify potential concerns and propose solutions for future pregnancies.
Women’s health nurse practitioners
Our highly educated and experienced women’s health nurse practitioners support our MFM specialists by providing prenatal care during scheduled office visits. Additionally, our Diabetes in Pregnancy Management Program includes nutrition counseling, glucometer education and adjustment of medications via weekly visits with in-person and telemedicine capabilities.
In addition to our MFM specialists and women’s health nurse practitioners, our team includes a group of board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists assigned to the labor and delivery units at Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Denver, Colorado, and Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado. The OB/GYNs, referred to as OB hospitalists, are skilled at inpatient pregnancy problem assessment and management. They also provide labor management and supervision. Our OB hospitalists are available 24/7, ensuring patients receive high-quality care at any time, in any situation.
Perinatal nurse practitioners
Our dedicated, specially trained perinatal nurse practitioners care for expectant mothers alongside our OB hospitalists. They provide care to patients and their families during delivery and after birth.
High-quality virtual TeleMFM services close to home
Numerous communities across the United States lack local access to maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists. Therefore, many women requiring these services must travel long distances to receive the care they need.
Obstetrix Medical Group of Colorado, part of the Mednax family, solves this problem by offering hospitals and practices high-quality, cost-effective MFM telemedicine services through a combination of videoconferencing and various on-site and digital solutions. We are proud to serve communities in Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming.
TeleMFM expands OB practice offerings
TeleMFM complements the services of obstetric providers through remote access to experienced, board-certified MFM specialists. The program enables OB practices to:
- Offer advanced care to patients through collaboration with expert MFM specialists.
- Provide value and convenience for patients.
- Continue caring for patients in their communities.
TeleMFM aligns with hospitals
Our extensive TeleMFM services are customized to support a hospital’s unique inpatient and outpatient programs. TeleMFM:
- Meets the needs of growing families in the community.
- Increases patient retention by enabling them to receive high-quality care close to home.
- Improves provider and patient satisfaction.
- Supports local clinicians through a collaborative approach.
TeleMFM benefits expectant mothers
Women with high-risk pregnancies should have the advantage of specialized care without the time and costs associated with traveling to see a specialist. A few reasons TeleMFM is ideal for pregnant women with complex medical needs include:
- Quality MFM care close to home.
- Reduced stress and worry about traveling to multiple appointments.
- Decreased financial burden of travel and time away from other responsibilities.
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of patients. Learn about their training, certifications, and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory