Mitchell Cohen, MD
GraduateTemple University School of Medicine
ResidencyChildren’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatrics
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Pediatric Cardiology and Electrophysiology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners
Memberships & Associations
- Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiology Society (PACES), President
- Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes Foundation (SADS), Scientific Advisor
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), Pediatric Program Chair, 2018 and 2019 Scientific Sessions
- World Congress in Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Scientific Program Chair, 2017 and 2021 Sessions
- Co-Director of the Pediatric Heart Program, Inova Children’s Hospital
- Medical Director of Pediatric Cardiology, Inova Children’s Hospital
Dr. Mitchell Cohen has lectured at over 250 national and international scientific meetings and published more than 80 research papers and book chapters. Dr. Cohen has served on the Scientific Clinical Documents Committee for the Heart Rhythm Society and has been the lead or co-author on more than five nationally published guidelines by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association.
Dr. Cohen's clinical interests include long-term outcomes of children with cardiovascular implantable electronic devices, genotype specific therapies for patients with channelopathies, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and late arrhythmic outcomes in adults with congenital heart disease.
Prior to his current role, Dr. Cohen worked at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, where he served as Co-Director of Phoenix Children’s Heart Center. He has also been a visiting professor at Primary Children’s Hospital and Duke Children’s Hospital.