Pediatrix Cardiology of North Texas is committed to providing comprehensive pediatric cardiology services to patients and to exceeding the expectations of referring physicians. We are pleased to offer:
- Same-day appointments for urgent patients; routine appointments are scheduled usually within one week or less
- Seven convenient locations in Dallas, Denison, McKinney, Plano, Lewisville, Mesquite and Rockwall; our Dallas office is about five miles away – very convenient for your patients!
- Insurance contracts with all major payors, including Tricare and Medicaid
- In-office stress tests, including the only office that offers pulmonary function testing with exercise-induced bronchospasm
- Cardiac sports clearances
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of patients. Learn about their training, certifications, and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory
Pediatrix Cardiology of North Texas is dedicated to bringing state-of-the-art pediatric cardiology care to hospitals and clinics throughout North Texas.
The members of our team, including Drs. Ashleigh Payne, Ashish Sureka and Ted Carlson, have dedicated their careers to children. Our team provides services at all newborn and pediatric care hospitals in Dallas, and in clinics and hospitals throughout the surrounding counties.
Patients are referred to our practice for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons include:
- Chest pain
- Passing out (syncope)
- Irregular/skipped heart beats (palpitations)
Contact us at 214.363.0000.
We offer invasive and non-invasive diagnostic services, including:
- Neonatal and pediatric outpatient and inpatient consultations
- ECG and echocardiography
- Noninvasive heart rhythm monitoring
- Cardiac evaluation prior to sports participation
- Exercise and stress testing with or without pulmonary function testing, as well as pre- and post-exercise pulmonary function tests to evaluate exercise-induced asthma
- Fetal echocardiography for the evaluation and management of cardiac defects and arrhythmias in utero
- Electrophysiology studies to diagnose and treat electrical diseases of the heart
- Preventive cardiology care including evaluation and management of hypertension and hyperlipidemia
- Cardiac catheterizations, including interventional catheterizations, to correct many congenital heart defects which previously required surgery
- Post-operative care in association with critical care physicians and pediatric cardiovascular surgeons